The best quality
3 axis waterjet cutter
You will get the premium product from this platform.
At SAME, we have a team of certified manufacturers and engineers to design seamless 3-axis waterjet cutters for your project. Our industry knowledge and skills have enabled us to provide the best product.
Chinese first waterjet cutting machine
Manufacturing Excellence Award
Global Leaders of Waterjet Technology
our 3 axis waterjet cutting machine
Which 3 axis waterjet is right for you?
Consult with our professionals to get best solutions.
What you cut with a 3-axis waterjet cutter
Cut stones using the waterjet cutting technique and craft different artistic structures.
You do not need abrasives to cut rubber to make toys, tires, and other objects.
Hard steel of any thickness is easy to cut with waterjets.
You can use aluminum of any grade to cut it with our 3-axis waterjet cutters.
There is no risk of shattering the glass while cutting it with 3-axis waterjet cutters.
You can cut papers accurately using the 3-axis waterjet cutting process.
3-axis waterjet cutter - Get the customized solution
Your manufacturing business has different needs. Thus, we customize your 3 axis waterjet cutter to make it a perfect system for your business.
We will provide you with a quality pumping system when you buy our 3 axis waterjet cutter. Make a cost-effective deal with us.
You need a waterjet table of the perfect size. Consult with our team and let us know about the dimension and other details of your raw materials.
SAME presents you with different waterjet cutter control systems, including IGEMs, Ncstudio, and Beckhoff. We help you in choosing the best system that adds efficiency and lowers the cost.
The right accessories will ensure better quality and higher productivity. Your production needs will be fulfilled with our product.
Steps to buy our 3-axis waterjet cutters
We respond to your queries
Do you have issues with 3-axis waterjet cutters? We reply to you within 12 hours.
We give custom-designed solutions
You will find a tailored model of 3-axis waterjet cutters. We provide you with long-term solutions.
Order an efficient waterjet cutter
We customize our 3-axis waterjet cutting system based on your directions.
Pack and transport
We pack your 3-axis waterjet cutter properly and transport it to your destination.
The ultimate guide to FAQs
1. What are the applications of 3-axis waterjet cutters?
You can use 3-axis waterjet cutters to cut your aluminum, stainless steel, copper, marble, steel, alloy metal, ceramic, tiles, and papers. That is why companies engaged in building material processing activities look for 3-axis waterjet cutters. Your regular sheet metal cutting tasks can become easier. For instance, you may cut your metal sheets to create advertising signs and artistic patterns. Our water jet cutters also cut glass of different types.
2. What are the features of your 3-axis waterjet cutters?
- Our 3-axis waterjet cutters have strong aluminum beams with a lightweight design. You will find high stability and rigidity in our water jet cutting system. Moreover, the speed of the cutting blade of the CNC water cutter is very fast.
- Our systems are equipped with a high-quality motor that ensures stable operation and perfect positioning.
- We have added a special protective cover to our 3-axis waterjet cutter to prevent sand and water from affecting the machine. This effort makes our water jet cutter more durable.
- From the ball screw to the rolling guide, every component is of high quality. These parts also maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Beginners will find it easy to operate our 3-axis waterjet cutters, and there is no safety issue.
3. How is horsepower related to waterjet cutting capacity?
Horsepower is one of the factors affecting the water volume when you are using our waterjet nozzle. For instance, you can choose a 50-HP intensifier pump for a 0.022-in. orifice. The water pressure can be 60,000 PSI. The output of the waterjet cutter is about 1 gallon per minute. While you use a 100-HP pump, the output will be 2 GPM.
Interestingly, the horsepower level at the nozzle and at the pump will be different. The intensifier and direct-drive systems also have different pumping efficiency levels. However, in some cases, nozzle diameter, horsepower at your nozzle, and the flow rate of abrasives have no differences. The pump will maintain consistency in the cutting speed.
You may need additional horsepower based on the material to be cut. Thus, the higher horsepower level will add speed to the machining process. You may cut aluminum of 3-inch thickness and other thicker materials.
You can manage thin materials using low horsepower. The frequency variation will be much stable in this case. Overall, it can be said that the waterjet cutting process will be highly efficient by raising the horsepower of your pump.
4. What is the relationship between nozzle size and abrasives?
Abrasives can cut your materials while they have reached them successfully. The mesh of your abrasives should be of the proper size for your orifice. Perfect sizing will let you avoid clogging. For any size of the nozzle, 80-mesh garnet is the acceptable one. The 50-mesh garnet is a coarser one. You can use it for orifices having a larger diameter (0.022 or 0.020 in). The 50-mesh garnet working with a narrower nozzle will increase the clogging risks. On the contrary, the smaller water jet nozzles are useful for your high-precision applications.
However, to decide on the perfect mesh size, you have to know about something more than nozzle size.
However, to decide on the perfect mesh size, you have to know about something more than nozzle size. For instance, you must focus on sandpaper for better finishes.
5. How powerful is your 3-axis waterjet cutting process?
3-axis waterjets rely on nozzles capable of carrying a high level of pressure. Moreover, the use of garnet also helps in cutting materials of any thickness. The hardness of the garnet in Moh’s scale is 6.5 to 7.5. Thus, the hardness of your material should be less than this level.
Abrasive waterjets cut materials of different thicknesses, like glass, metal, hardened steel, titanium, ceramics, stone, rubber, plastic, and rubber. For instance, when you apply waterjets to pass through a titanium slab of 4 inches, you need a water stream of 50000 PSI. The garnet grit travels at a speed of 700 mph. Waterjets reach up to 90000 PSI, while household faucet has a water pressure of 60 PSI. Similarly, the pressure cleaner works at a water pressure of 4000 PSI. Thus, the waterjet is the most powerful. The difference in water pressure can make a variation for applications. Waterjets’ pressure can range from 50,000 to 90,000 PSI.
6. With what nozzle does your 3-axis waterjet cutter work?
Waterjet nozzles are of different types. Thus, cutting heads are also available in a range of models. You can use the best waterjet nozzle styles for industries like glass, aerospace, farming, and automotive manufacturing industry. The most popular types of waterjet nozzles are single and double orifice continuous jet, mechanically oscillated orifice jet, and acoustically pulsed orifice jet. You can choose these nozzles for different flow rates and water pressure levels for the cutting project.
7. What benefits do you get from the 3-axis waterjet cutter?
Our 3-axis waterjet cutters enable you to cut a range of materials without damaging the original structure and integrity. Some materials are highly heat-sensitive, and thus, waterjets are safer options for them.
- Waterjets help you in cutting corners, bevels, holes, shapes, and other patterns.
- They ensure precision cutting, and you can maintain preciseness using the specialized software system.
- You can use recyclable and sustainable garnets for waterjet cutting.
- The nozzle parts are easily adjustable.
- You can make small, detailed, non-abrasive cuts.
- Our cutters have a close-looped system to cycle water.
- As you need to use non-toxic garnet, there will be no environmental issues
- With water jets, you may minimize the production of scrap materials
- Water jets turn out minimal contaminants and dust
- They clear edges without any risk of slag.
8. What parts are attached to the water jet cutter?
We have highly advanced 3-axis waterjet cutting systems to ensure smooth cuts and high-velocity water jets. The major parts are-
• Reservoir for water storage
• High-pressure pumping to add pressure to water
• Accumulator to store pressurized water
• Control valve to manage the water pressure and direction to the nozzle
• Flow regulator intended to control water flow
• Nozzle to maintain the high-velocity water jet
• A tube to blend abrasive as the nozzle receives the water
• Catchers to hold the abrasives and avoid a mess
• Intensifier fitted to the pump to reach pressure to the highest level
These are some important parts fitted to our waterjet cutters. However, we can customize and upgrade the design based on the essential kits. To save money, you can invest in single-intensifier pumps. You will enjoy the best operating performance of the system.
9. How do I measure water jet cutting motion?
The old waterjet models had complicated programming. Without skills and knowledge, you could not use them. That is why water jets had not been in use in different industries. But, today, the use of waterjets has become easier due to the higher quality software. Waterjet software enables beginners to make precise cuts using the abrasive waterjet cutting technique.
CAD software lets you calculate the water jet cutting motions. You can make custom layouts and designs using the software. Also, the software makes drawings without overlapping lines. There are also layers for engraving, outside and inside cuts, etching, and pure waterjet cutting.
10. Is it easy to use your 3-axis waterjet cutters?
Our 3-axis waterjet cutters are easy-to-use systems, and beginners can try out waterjet cutting without special skills. The presence of a CNC automatic controller transforms the overall design. Moreover, you may rely on software to have better control of the process. You will take advantage of the customized cutting program.
11. How much abrasive do I need for the waterjet cutting process?
You need to use almost 0.5 pounds of abrasive in a single minute. The most commonly chosen option for the cutting process is the garnet abrasive. As it is a natural material, you can easily dispose it off in the landfill. Moreover, the eco-friendly abrasives are recyclable.
12. Do I need to maintain the waterjet cutter regularly?
Like other machining tools, our 3-axis waterjet cutters need routine maintenance. It makes sure that these systems will have lasting performance. With some basic training, you can easily deal with our 3-axis waterjet cutting systems. However, when you find signs of wear and tear in the pump seals and nozzle, you can replace them.
13. Should I choose underwater cutting while working with 3-axis waterjet cutters?
You may have heard manufacturers claiming that the waterjet cutting process does not produce noise. They can solve the problem by choosing the underwater cutting technique. The submerged cutting device will turn out a noise of about 75dB. However, you will easily be able to control the system and maintain the quality of the overall process.
14. Does your 3-axis waterjet cutter turn out taper?
The cutting speed is the major factor causing a difference in the taper produced by the waterjet cutting process. The higher speed can result in more taper. The water jet will close down on the thickness to increase the taper from 0.1mm to 0.4mm for every side of your cut. However, we have designed 3-axis cutters in a way that you may minimize the taper.
15. What are the most common competitors of waterjet cutters?
You can find several processes intended for material fabrication processes. However, those processes have their own pros and cons. The waterjet cutting process is much similar to laser cutting and EDM. Still, water jets are better than these procedures. Based on your needs, you can decide on your cutting process.
16. How can thick material be cut with the waterjet cutting process?
Waterjets have the potentials for cutting materials of up to 6 to 8 inches in thickness. Most importantly, they are capable of cutting hard materials with a thinner profile.
17. Is 3-axis water cutting a costly process?
No. You do not need to be concerned about the cost of this process. The major cost is about abrasives. Surely, it does not cost much to invest in the water needed for waterjet cutting purposes.
18. What are the unique traits of 3-axis waterjet cutters?
One of the most notable facts about these waterjet cutters is that they can cut thicker materials. You do not need to change the tool and maintain heat. From titanium to rubber, everything is manageable with waterjet cutters. Moreover, there is no environmental risk due to the waterjet cutting process. The high-performance cutting process will increase your productivity.
19. What is the best way of increasing my productivity in the 3-axis waterjet cutting project?
The smartest trick for you is to stack your materials and then start the cutting process. It will increase the output and productivity level. You will have standardized parts from the cutting process.
20. Will 3-axis waterjet cutters leave burrs?
In most cases, the proper usage of a 3-axis waterjet cutter will not leave burrs. You will have the best output from the process.
21. Is 3-axis waterjet cutting a fast process?
The speed of the waterjet cutting process depends on the thickness and type of materials. Other relevant factors making a difference in the result are nozzle combinations, cut quality, and abrasive feed rate.
22.Is the lead time for 3-axis waterjet cutting lengthy?
The lead time depends on the amount of work you need to make the design. However, waterjet cutting is basically a faster process compared to other conventional machining technologies.